O, what a feeling!
QUT will welcome more than 10,000 new students across three campuses this week with O Week highlights ranging from welcome parties and free uni t-shirts to Fort Dodgeball and the Battle of the Faculties.
The 2013 Orientation Week will run from February 18 to 22 at QUT's Gardens Point, Kelvin Grove and Caboolture campuses.
There's a serious side to the week with plenty of academic orientation actitivities to get students off to a flying start.
And then there's the social side ... cardboard box-clad dodgeball, amazing races through the city, amateur sleuthing and faculty showdowns (think air guitars at 15 paces...).
QUT's O Week highlights include:
Mon, Feb 18
- QUT Connect @ Gardens Point, 1pm - 4pm: The Amazing QUT Race (between Gardens Point & Kelvin Grove, both directions, weather permitting), live entertainment, $2 lunches, board games and a showcase of QUT's clubs & societies
- Welcome to Uni Party @ Caboolture, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
- Poker tournament @ Gardens Point, 6pm - 9pm
Tues, Feb 19
- Murder Mystery night (QUT Crime Club) @ Gardens Point, 4.30pm - 8.30pm
Thurs, Feb 21
- Fort Dodgeball @ Kelvin Grove sports oval, 2pm-5pm
Fri, Feb 22
- Battle of the Faculties @ Kelvin Grove sports oval, 9am - 4pm (talent show,
Mon, Feb 18 - Thurs, Feb 21
- Orientation lunches @ Gardens Point, 11am - 2pm
Mon, Feb 18 - Fri, Feb 22
- Orientation lunches @ Kelvin Grove, 11am - 2pm
A full program can be found here.
Media contact: Mechelle McMahon, QUT media officer, 07 3138 9449 (Mon & Thurs) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Mon-Fri)